Community Service Day
Let's make Pleasant Hill shine!
With many different projects to choose from, there is something for every age, ability and interest.
Ready to sign up?
Start the day with pancakes and a T-shirt!
Join us at Pleasant Hill Park, 147 Gregory Lane; between 7:30 and 8:45 a.m. for a free pancake breakfast served by the Lions Club, and get your 2018 Community Service Day T-shirt! (first 450 volunteers).
Those who haven't signed up for a project in advance can also sign up at the park between 7:30 and 8:45. Some projects fill up fast!
NOTE: The projects listed below are full and cannot take additional volunteers: If you already signed up online, you are all set!
* Choice in Aging: Mt Diablo Adult Day Health Care
* Library Spruce-Up, Special Projects
* Gregory Gardens Elementary School Spruce-Up
* Sequoia Elementary School Spruce-Up
All about Community Service Day
Launched in 2005 by Mayor Michael Harris and the Civic Action Commission, CSD is a day where members of the community of all ages come together to volunteer their time for a variety of worthy causes and projects.
Over the past thirteen years, more than 40,000 volunteer hours have been logged to improve the Pleasant Hill community. Together we have:
- Cleaned up neighborhoods, schools, parks, and creeks
- Planted scores of beautiful trees
- Landscaped parks and organic gardens
- Repaired over 1,000 bicycles for donation to children
- Donated blood to save dozens of lives
- Collected over 19 tons of food for the Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano
- Helped children and seniors in need
For more information about the event, contact Gayle Vassar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (925) 671-5229.